Easter means more than just chocolate when it comes to celebrating the holiday, this year on April 12th. The following are the best places in central Iowa to enjoy Easter brunch with your family.
- Christopher’s– 10am-2:30pm- Located in Beaverdale, Christopher’s a large assortment of both traditional brunch items like prime roast and crème brulee French toast as well as added items like smoked salmon and various pasta dishes. A large selection of assorted pastries and cheeses and breads rounds out the meal. It’s recommended that you call (515) 274-3694 for reservations to ensure your family gets a table and to make your wait time as short as possible.
- Gilroy’s + Kitchen + Patio- 9 a.m. – 2.pm.- Gilroy’s has an excellent brunch every weekend so you may end up wanting to come back after you come here for your breakfast brunch. For just $16.99 for adults and $7.99 for children ages 7-12 with children under age 6 eating free, this is a awesome choice for those with a large number of children in their group. For the adults wanting to imbibe, there’s a Bottomless Mimosas and Bloody Mary’s option for $29.98.
- Americana-9:30am-2:30pm- If you’re wanting to impress your out of town family members, bring them here because this brunch is pretty much guaranteed to make your the new family favorite. Though they don’t do anything extra to their menu for Easter, this buffet has excellent food and even personalized omelet and grilled cheese sandwich stations for $18/adults and $30 for unlimited mimosa/bloody mary bar for those who want to have a little extra celebration. They’ve had over 650 reservations just for Easter in the past so be sure to make reservations.
- Centro-10am-3pm- Centro also doesn’t do a special Easter brunch but their bloody mary bar will hopefully entice your family to come here. Their brunch menu has an assortment of options that aren’t just typical breakfast foods so you can order pasta dishes like truffle mac and cheese or even a pizza. I recommended Centro for one of the best places to go for lunch in Des Moines so be assured that even though they aren’t doing a special Easter menu, they will be an excellent option to take your family for the holiday either way.
- Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse– 11am-2pm-$26 per person-Johnny’s really makes an effort for their annual Easter celebration with fresh carved Prime Rib and ham. A whole table is devoted for desserts in case the Easter bunny didn’t bring you enough sweets on Easter morning. Reservations are highly recommended so be sure to make them well in advance to avoid any problems on Easter morning.
- Triple Crown At Prairie Meadows-9am-2pm– $24.95/adult & $12.95/children-Prairie Meadow’s Triple Crown buffet is perfect for those with large groups plus this buffet probably has the most choices in term of food options so even the pickiest people in your family will be able to find something. You can choose between breakfast items like scrambled eggs and more lunch-centric items like prime rib. You may not want to eat any candy before you come here since their dessert section is huge and delicious.
For the best things to do in the spring time in Des Moines, click here.