The following are the top places in and around Des Moines to hold your wedding festivities that will be both affordable and beautiful for all of the wedding photos you’ll be taking.
- Salisbury House– The Salisbury house provides a beautiful lawn to hold an outdoor wedding that looks like it came straight out of a fairy tale and seat a maximum of 300. The indoor accommodations are equally gorgeous and are probably better for those having a smaller wedding since they can accommodate 64 guests. This is one of the most romantic spots in Des Moines to hold your wedding.
- Des Moines Botanical Center– I put the Botanical center on my top places to take wedding photo here for good reason since this is the perfect spot to get a plethora of different flowers/natural photos. This would be a cheap way to get a tropical feeling wedding without having to put up the expense of a destination wedding. Ceremonies in the conservatory can hold up to 220 guests. This is the best place for those wanting to incorporate exotic flowers/wildlife into their ceremony.
- Rollins Mansion– The Rollins Mansion is probably one of the lesser known treasures of Des Moines. The Rollins mansion is listed on the National Register of Historic places. This 10,000 square foot mansion and gardens will make it hard to decide if you want to hold your wedding inside the mansion or in their lovely gardens. This is a good alternative to the Salisbury House.
- Blank Park Zoo– This is definitely for the couple who want to have a fun wedding since where else can you have wedding pictures that feature wild animals? The wedding packages here include the setup/teardown of tables and chairs and an on-site coordinator to help with anything you need. They can seat up to 500 guests. Members receive 10 percent off the entire rental fee.
- Reiman Gardens–you’ll have a little bit of a drive to get to this Ames location but it’ll be well worth it for your wedding photos. The Ames Tribune rated this the best wedding venue this year for the Ames area so you know they’ll make your wedding special whether it’s a large or small gathering. Packages range from $900 to $3,500 so it’s more on the pricier side but you’ll get a lot of features for your money.
- Barnes Place-This is no ordinary barn to hold your wedding at located in Adel. This venue features multiple outdoor options with beautiful backgrounds such as near a peaceful pond, on top of their hill, behind the barn and in front of it. Their indoor reception area is both rustic and cozy. Great spot for fall weddings or early spring to get the most out of the natural backgrounds.
- Jasper Winery– Jasper Winery banquet room is incredibly spacious and will provide your guests with ample space to relax. The room can hold up to 150 people for a sit down dinner and 180 for a cocktail style party. The outdoor party tent seats up to 250 guests so you have a few options. This is a great place for wine lovers.